Monday, May 5, 2008

Guitar Hero III

OK back to reviewing video games....

Guitar Hero III is a rhythm based game. Notes scroll down the page and when they move across a baseline, you strum and push the correct color note. It is like dance dance revolution but playing a fake guitar.

Once you get the hang of the game it is quite simple, play songs, get money for playing gigs, and buy stuff with the money you gained. That the roll of the game is to play the songs on the hardest level.

I currently cannot get past the "hard" boss battle.

The battle mode is a new addition to the two player. Normally there is a a face off, pro face off and co-op play. Co-op is playing with another player and having a combination score. Face off is two players going against each other with alternating pieces of the song. Pro face off is both players having the same notes and whoever has the highest score wins.

Battle is the new mode. There are many powerups to make your opponent mess up. Once there meter(how well they are playing) goes down so far, they lose. Simple concept, awesome fun.

8/10

1 comment:

Sweets the Cat said...

I've played the first two, but not this third one. I heard the battle mode is ridiculously hard. Not sure though.

Omg, I can't believe I forgot the name of Mass Effect, when I obsessed over it for a solid month and a half when it came out. Meows for Bioware and their awesomeness.

And unfortunately I don't have Xbox Live because I am too cheap...lol. If I ever get it, I'll let you know.

I'll tell you which game I can't wait for right now, and you should totally review it, is Age of Conan. PVP FTW. Though I think Warhammer Online is going to kick the crap out of it.